Saturday, December 27, 2014

Merry Christmas!

MERRY CHRISTMAS! I know it's the 27th of December but we've got a whole 12 days of this merriment so fill yourself with joy and laughter and enjoy this time.

I have mock exams on the first day back of school sadly but that won't stop me and my festive cheer! So for today's post I thought I would just do a simple talk you through what's been happening kinda thing.

I think it was on Christmas Eve's Eve that dad and I took the puppies out for a walky-poos. The winter sunshine was beaming down and you could feel the recently more toasty weather (by "more toasty" i mean, it was 10 degrees instead of 5) getting visited by Jack Frost, and it was lovely.




 For two of my best friends, I drew them and a few of their favourite things *cue Sound of Music* and then scanned them all and sent them off to Vistaprint to be printed onto a canvas bag! I was really happy with how they turned out, and although I was slightly concered that they may be offended as I'm not great at drawing people, I think they really liked them (at least, I HOPE they really like them) so I thought I'd share incase one of your best friends has a birthday coming up and you're in a pickle of what to get them! Grab a snazzy pen, a bit of paper, and enjoy an artsy afternoon with a cup of tea.
 CHRISTMAS DAAAAAY!!!! YAYYY! I woke up around 8:30, hopped into the shower, went to mum and dad, opened my stocking, had breakie, opened tree prezzies... sorry, telling you guys my schedule probably isn't very interesting at all - but the cutest thing that happened that morning was my little Pod (his name is Merlin, but for some reason I called him Vanilla Pod... or Pod for short) opening his prezzies! He got right into it and we spent the WHOLE day wrapping his toys up again in tissue and letting him open them! SO CUTE. Wizzy (my other pup) was more casual about the whole scenario and just enjoyed her christmas much more elegantly :D




 2 o'clock. I had been snacking on pita chips and cashews all morning but I was soooo ready for my christmas lunch. Here we have lentil and cashew nut roast (got the recipe in my Vegan subscription box AND IT WAS SO GOOOD), steamed carrots and peas (went back for fourths...), brussel sprouts, roasted potatoes, a yorkshire pudding (okay maybe that one was already in my belly by then!), swede mash, roasted parsnips with butternut squash and chestnuts, red cabbage and onion gravy! I actually still have my food baby....

 And although I felt like that aunt out of Harry Potter when he blows her up, I had to make room for a bit of dessert so I had a lil' bit of the vegan and gluten free christmas cake I had made before but because it was extreeeeemely dry, I had (quite a lot) of soya icecream. MMMMMMM!

The rest of my day was spent playing board games, grazing on more nuts and some delicious norweigan cake my bestie had made, having a laugh with my family and friends and just having a ruddy good time!

I hope you enjoyed this post, please enjoy the rest of your holidays, and please tell me what you do on your christmas day or if you don't celebrate christmas, tell me what you've been up to recently! I would love to know :)

Esh
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment